• You only create start up and full and mini makeovers on self hosted sites, how can I tell if I have a self-hosted wordpress blog?
Start by visiting your log in page, take your cursor and hover over the WordPress logo above your login area. If it says “WordPress.com” you have a free WordPress.com site. If it says “Powered by WordPress,” then you have a self-hosted WordPress site. You probably set this up through your domain and paid a monthly fee or paid for the year.
• If I don’t have a self-hosted blog or website site how do I get one?
You’ll need to visit a hosting provider (I use GoDaddy) and you can purchase a domain (if you don’t have one already) and then purchase a hosting account for your domain. Once you have your hosting account purchased you will be able to follow the steps through your host and get your wordpress installed and ready to go.
• Do I have to stop blogging while you work on my site?
No, you can keep posting or I can place a pardon my dust I’m under construction sign on your blog/site.
• Do you create the themes you use?
I use a theme that has already been created and that meets your requested needs. Then I optimize it with artwork and features to meet your blog/website vision. I’m sorry I do not create CSS (cascading style sheets) or the codes that create the actual theme for your site.
• Do you buy the themes?
Yes many of them are purchased by me, some are available through wordpress, or I use a theme you purchase from my theme page
• If I buy a theme through someone else will you install it for me?
Most likely, it would have to be discussed. I can also include the purchase of a theme for you as a custom request addition to your art package. Then I will install it if you, this option is by request only.
• Will I lose anything if I change themes?
Your post content, comments, etc. will remain as is, only the design, style, layout of your blog/website will change. You will be able to add or remove information as usual. However I strongly recommend backing up your blog/website prior to me performing any work on your blog/website
• Can I change things on my blog/website after you have worked on it?
Yes, you can make changes to your sidebar, header, etc. You can move around your widgets or add more. But you cannot make changes to the actual theme code.
• Can I use the images you place on my blog/website for other things?
You have purchased the right to use the images I create for your blog design on your blog/website only. They are not to be altered, shared, sold or used for any other purpose other than the design I create for your blog/website. Occasionally I will provide written permission for charities or other sources.
• What is your design turnaround time?
Most work can be completed in less than a week or two. Some items (ie, piece work) can be done in a very quick time frame. It all depends on the design, if I am waiting for images from you, etc. change orders, and other items, including unforeseen circumstances (illness, power outages, etc.)can delay the process but I do my best to have your new look ready as soon as possible.
• Do you ever use Genesis?
Yes, I love the genesis framework!
• I live in Australia, can you still work on my blog?
Yes as long as I have access I can .
• Can I call you with questions?
It works best if you can email me. But, there are certain circumstances that may require brief phone conversations. Phone calls initiated by you that last longer than 10 minutes will be billed accordingly. Of course there is no charge if I call you, or for any email correspondence.
• Do you require a deposit?
Yes a 50 % non-refundable deposit is requested for all work no matter how large or small.
• Do I have to be a PayPal member to pay your invoice?
No, you can pay using a credit card, debit card, cash or personal check through PayPal without being a member.
• How do I send you the money?
I will send you an invoice via your email and you can pay with just a few clicks.
• Do you offer discounts for returning customers.
Yes, discounts are often applied, for returning customers. I will also offer the occasional discount via my newsletter. Please be sure to become a subscriber.
• I have never used wordpress before will you help me get started?
Yes, I have some user friendly tutorial’s available for new wordpress users. note-these are for my customers and are not for sale.
• I want to share your talents with others. What is the best way to do it?
Thank you so much, happy clients are my main advertisement. You can share my website, it is the easiest. I do place a small image on your blog/website when I have completed my work and I ask that it remains as long as my work is visible. You can share my website by using one of the social share buttons available too. ♥