How To Make Gold Foil Text-
I’m sure you have seen many examples of gold foil text used everywhere. I know we all like to add a bit of sparkle and shine to our projects. I thought it would be fun to share how to make gold foil text for your upcoming projects. I do have photo software that I can use for this process. But, I just recently became acquainted with pic monkey and it really makes it easy to create gold text. If you aren’t currently using it, I think you will like it, it is very user friendly.
Let’s get started-
• Download the gold swatch provided below or find one you like, you will need it later so make sure you save it where you can easily find it.
• Download your gold Swatch
click here to download the how to make gold text swatch
• Go to picmonkey.com you will see this screen when you arrive at pic monkey, click design and click whichever shape you prefer. I will use a square shape for the purpose of this tutorial.
• Write whatever you would like, using the black color (it is the default color so it should already be selected) Try to select a font that’s a bit bolder so the gold will show up well.
• Now we need to prepare the font for the gold change. Click the down arrow at the top right.
• Then click the butterfly on the left (this is the overlays section) click on your own and select the gold swatch you downloaded in the beginning.
• In the panel you will see “Blend Modes” click on normal then lighten.
I hope you will enjoy making your own gold foil projects.
I would be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge the passing of one of the music industries pioneers. News of David Bowie’s passing brought tears to my eyes. He leaves behind his wife Iman ( they were married over 24 years and they lived together several years before getting married) their daughter and countless songs, albums and videos.