Pasta is a staple in our home and my menopause middle is proof of that,giggle. Today I am sharing some of my “perfect pasta” methods. If you have any pasta making tips please share them with me in the comment section. I hope these little tips will help you to have perfect pasta every time-
- YES-Use plenty of water, the ideal amount is 4 to 6 quarts per pound of pasta. This allows the pasta enough room to cook without sticking together.
- YES- Stir pasta when you first add it to the water to prevent it from sticking together and to the bottom of the pot. Clumped pasta is avoidable if you stir within the first 2 minutes of cooking before the starches are released into the water.
- NO- There is no need to add oil. If you have enough water, you won’t need to add oil to prevent sticking.
- YES – Add salt for flavor but not too much; remember that your sauce will also add flavor.
- NO-Don’t throw noodles against the wall to test for “doneness” (not even if you’re angry) remember you’ll just have to clean your wall later. Instead, use the cooking time on the package directions as a guide. Then try a piece to see if it’s the right texture. I like my pasta “al dente” (a little chewy), but you might like it softer.
- Yes- Drain in a colander as soon as it is ready.
- NO- Don’t rinse cooked pasta; you’ll rinse away the starch, which actually helps the sauce stick. Only rinse pasta if it will be used in a cold salad.
for my marinara sauce recipe please click HERE
I plan to make pasta from scratch soon and I look forward to sharing that experience with you too. Do you have a from scratch pasta recipe you would like me to try?
Do you have any perfect pasta tips to share?
I look forward to seeing you at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. ( you can link up starting tomorrow night at 8 pm MST).